Welcome to Hilltop Medical Clinic
Covid Vaccine Information
March 1, 2021
Fraser Health Call Centre – 7 am to 7 pm ( 7 days per week)
or book online (as per dates below) – www.fraserhealth.ca/vaccinebooking
Starting March 8, if you live in the Fraser Health Authority, you have the option to book online (Link not provided as of March 1, 2021)
Vaccine call centres for seniors open March 8, 2021.
You can book a vaccine appointment for yourself or your spouse. You can also have a family member or friend call for you. It’s easy and safe to book over the phone.
When you can call is based on your age
I’m born in 1931 or earlier (90+) or I’m Indigenous and born in 1956 or earlier (65+)
Please call the week of March 8.
I’m born in 1936 or earlier (85+)
Please call the week of March 15.
I’m born in 1941 or earlier (80+)
Please call the week of March 22.
Fraser Health region communities include: Abbotsford, Anmore, Burnaby, Belcarra, Chilliwack, Coquitlam, Delta, Fraser Valley Regional District, Harrison Hot Springs, Hope, Kent, Langley, Maple Ridge, Mission, New Westminster, Pitt Meadows, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, Surrey and White Rock.
January 15, 2021
The COVID-19 vaccine has arrived in BC.Please note that the COVID-19 vaccine is not available for everyone at this time. Vaccines will be distributed in phases over the coming months.The first phase of 4,000 doses will be given to frontline health providers working in long-term care, assisted living, ICUs, ERs and COVID medical wards. Healthy providers will ensure the safety of the patients they care for.Other priority groups will receive the vaccine in the coming weeks and months. It is currently anticipated that everyone will have the opportunity to be vaccinated in 2021.
Stage 1 – December 2020 to January 2021 (inclusive)
- Residents, staff and essential visitors to long-term care and assisted-living residences
- Individuals in hospital or community awaiting a long-term care placement
- Health care workers providing care for COVID-19 patients in settings like Intensive Care Units, emergency departments, medical/surgical units and paramedics
- Remote and isolated Indigenous communities
- Second doses for stage 1 vaccinated
Stage 2 – February to March 2021 (inclusive)
- Community-based seniors, age 80 and above
- Indigenous seniors, age 65 and above
- People experiencing homelessness and/or using shelters
- Provincial correctional facilities
- Adults in group homes or mental health residential care.
- Long term home support recipients and staff
- Hospital staff, community GPs and medical specialists
- Other Indigenous communities not vaccinated in first priority group
- Any residual priority populations from stage 1
- Second doses for previously vaccinated
Stage 3 – April 2021 and beyond
- General population working backwards in 5 year age cohorts, beginning with 79 – 75 years of age.
- Balance of priority populations and health care workers
- Second doses as required by all Fraser Health community members
* * * Effective June 1, 2020 * * *
During the COVID Pandemic we are working hard to serve you while providing the safest care possible for all patients. We will gradually move towards booking face-to-face appointments under the guidance of the Chief Public Health Officer.
Currently every patient must have a pre-booked phone or video conference prior to entering the clinic, this applies to our family practice and the Hilltop Walk in Clinic.
Please do not attend the clinic without speaking with a Hilltop staff or physician. Please call the clinic 604-531-5575.
For any patient with an approved in-person appointment, we ask that you review and following:
- Please arrive no more than 5 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time
- Masks are mandatory for all patients, please have your mask on upon entry to the building (we will not supply patients with masks)
- Leave any personal belongings at home
- Family members may only accompany the patient if medically necessary.
- Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate in-person add-on appointments
- Please do not touch your cell phone / electronic device while in the clinic
- Only the issue(s) discussed in the screening Telehealth visit will be reviewed during your in-person appointment, any additional items will need a separate telehealth visit on a different day.
Hilltop Medical Clinic has been operating in White Rock/South Surrey for over 40 years. We currently have 21 family practice physicians, Internal Medicine Specialists, a Psychiatrist, a Physiatrist (Pain Specialist) and a compliment of; Nurses, Medical Office Assistants, and Cardiology Technicians.
At Hilltop Medical our focus remains on primary care medicine for our community; with attention to prevention, management and education for all our patients.
Through use of our robust electronic medical records, we integrate reporting with our health authority and laboratories.
As a forward thinking clinic we are also proud to offer online services such as booking for the convenience of our patients.
BC COVID-19 Symptom Self-Assessment Tool – https://covid19.thrive.health/
BCCDC COVID-19 Common Questions – http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/common-questions
HealthLinkBC COVID-19 Common Questions – https://www.healthlinkbc.ca/health-feature/coronavirus-disease-covid-19
*** Please read prior to entering the building ***
If you have any of the following symptoms:
- FEVER AND/OR
Please call 604-531-1339 prior to entering. A Nurse will direct you into the building
October 1, 2019
Several doctors at Hilltop are now offering Telehealth (virtual appointments) for their patients. Please read the attached memo for additional details or ask your Hilltop pod.
All interested patients are required to sign our Consent for Electronic Communications (Cell, Email, VSee, Accession), and read through the Appendix for Electronic Communications. (forms link in the attached).
September 1, 2019
Dr. Navreen Gill has recently joined Hilltop Medical Clinic. Dr. Gill was born and brought up in Abbotsford, BC and recently graduated from UBC Family Medicine Residency in Prince George. She is passionate about creating a trusting environment for her patients, creating an an open dialogue about their health. Her desire is to provide a holistic approach to care in Surrey/White Rock, so she can follow all of her patients across their lifespan increasing their quality of life.
October 25, 2018
- Same Day Injections – If you wish to receive an injection on the same day as you see your Hilltop doctor, you will be charged a $10 injection fee.
Alternately, you can book an appointment during one of our injection times on a different day (see times below).
Same day injections are not covered by MSP when seeing your family doctor for a regular visit.Hilltop Injection Times (Monday to Friday).
9:00 am to 9:25 am
10:15 am to 10:40 am
11:30 am to 11:55 am
1:30 pm to 1:55 pm
3:15 pm to 3:40 pm
4:15 pm to 4:40 pm
You are welcome to book during these times, or walk-in (first come first serve after those with an appointment)
- Charges now apply when requesting printed copies of your test results & consultations.
$5 flat fee for the first 1 to 10 pages, additional pages are $1 per page.
Payments must be made prior to picking up of your printed copies from the front desk.
Alternately, email of your results is available at no charge. Ask the front staff for more details.
- Email and Text reminders will soon be available for both Hilltop appointments and certain outside specialists (referrals). Please let the front staff know if you would like to have your appointments emailed (and / or) texted to you the night prior to your appointment.
September 24, 2018
After 44 years of active practice at Hilltop Medical Clinic, Dr. Jerry Scott wishes to notify his patients that he intends to retire on Friday October 26, 2018. Dr. P. Brar is going to take over his practice. Dr. Scott would like to thank all of his patients for their loyalty and friendship over the years.
Hilltop Medical would like to thank Dr. Scott for his years of service in the community and the clinic, he will be missed by all that have had the privilege to work with him over the years.