Welcome to Hilltop Medical Clinic
Please help save Peace Arch Hospital’s Maternity Unit
Effective January 28, 2022 Fraser Health plans to close Peace Arch Hospital’s Maternity Unit with no firm commitment or date for reopening. They are planning to redirect all patients to Langley Memorial Hospital. After January 28th there will be no obstetrical staff at PAH if the closure goes ahead as planned.
The White Rock / South Surrey Division of Family practice and the local physicians are asking for your help to support their decision by signing this petition. If you oppose the imminent closure of the Maternity Unit, please voice your concerns to the elected officials and Fraser Health leaders. (see site below for more details)
Please also visit: www.peacearchmaternity.ca (or scan the QR code below) for complete details and more information about how to support your community.
During the COVID Pandemic we are working hard to serve you while providing the safest care possible for all patients.
For any patient with an approved in-person appointment, we ask that you review and following:
- Please arrive no more than 5 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time.
- Masks are mandatory for all patients, please have your mask on upon entry to the building (we will not supply patients with masks)
- If you have any of the following symptoms, or answer yes to any of the following questions, please do not come to the clinic on the day of your appointment. Please call the clinic (604-531-5575) and we will guide you through your options to speaking with your doctor:
- Do you have any of the following symptoms:
- Fever and / or chills
- Cough or barking cough (croup)
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Difficulty swallowing
- Runny or stuff / congested nose
- Decrease or loss of taste or smell
- Pink eye
- Digestive issues (nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain)
- Muscle aches
- Extreme tiredness
- Is anyone you live with, or in your core bubble, currently experiencing any new COVID-19 symptoms and/or waiting for test results after experiencing symptoms?
- Are you, or anyone you live with, or anyone in your core bubble, currently waiting (booked) for a covid screening test?
- In the past 14 days have you or anyone you live with (or someone in your core bubble) been for a covid screening test?
- In the last 14 days, have you or anyone you live (or someone in your core bubble) with travelled outside of Canada?
- In the last 14 days, have you been identified as a “close contact” of someone who currently has COVID-19?
- Has a doctor, health care provider, or public health unit told you that you should currently be isolating (staying at home)?
- Do you have any of the following symptoms:
Hilltop Medical Clinic has been operating in White Rock/South Surrey for over 40 years. We currently have 21 family practice physicians, Internal Medicine Specialists, a Psychiatrist, a Physiatrist (Pain Specialist) and a compliment of; Nurses, Medical Office Assistants, and Cardiology Technicians.
At Hilltop Medical our focus remains on primary care medicine for our community; with attention to prevention, management and education for all our patients.
Through use of our robust electronic medical records, we integrate reporting with our health authority and laboratories.
As a forward thinking clinic we are also proud to offer online services such as booking for the convenience of our patients.
BC COVID-19 Symptom Self-Assessment Tool – https://covid19.thrive.health/
BCCDC COVID-19 Common Questions – http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/common-questions
HealthLinkBC COVID-19 Common Questions – https://www.healthlinkbc.ca/health-feature/coronavirus-disease-covid-19
*** Please read prior to entering the building ***
If you have any of the following symptoms:
- FEVER AND/OR
Please call 604-531-1339 prior to entering. A Nurse will direct you into the building
Foot care nurse now at Hilltop
Hilltop Medical Clinic (15331 16th avenue) is excited to introduce our Foot care nurse (Tammy Sheehan) to our team. She has been working in the White Rock / South Surrey area for years providing foot care treatment to patients.
Foot care services include:
-Corn, Callus, Heel Fissure Care/Prevention
-Nail Cutting and Filing (including thickened, discoloured or misshapen toenails)
-Diabetic Foot Care
Foot Care provided by a nurse is recognized as a medical expense by Revenue Canada, Veterans Affairs and most extended health care plans. This is a private pay appointment ($65 per visit, but as noted may be covered by extended health or as an expense on your taxes)
Please check with your extended plan provider to determine the specific requirements for submitting foot care treatments receipts.
Call 604-531-5575 press 63072 at the start of the usual voice prompt.
Leave a message and we will call you back book your appointment.
September 15, 2021
Dear Dr. Balakrishna patients,
This letter is intended to let you know that I will be retiring from family practice medicine on September 30th, 2021. We have been fortunate to find Dr. Siavash Ganjbakhsh who will take my place at Hilltop medical in Pod 3 as of October 1, 2021. If you have an appointment booked with me after September 30th, this appointment will be moved to Dr. Ganjbakhsh (same day & time).
Dr. Ganjbakhsh (aka “Dr. G”) grew up in Toronto and recently completed his medical training in New York City. He and his wife are very excited to live in beautiful British Columbia. Dr. Ganjbakhsh’s professional interests are lifestyle and preventative medicine as well as geriatrics. His hobbies include cooking, biking, and playing tennis.
I want to take this opportunity to thank you for allowing me to be part of your life. It has been an honour and a privilege to have cared for you over the years. Working at Hilltop Medical Clinic has been a wonderful experience for me that I will not soon forget, and I will surely miss seeing you and all of my patients.
I wish you all the very best in health and happiness.
Dr Rangappa Balakrishna, MD
December 1, 2020
Dear Dr. Benitez Patients,
This letter is intended to let you know that I will be retiring on January 31st, 2021. Life is taking me in other directions. We have been fortunate to find Dr. Ravi and Dr. Reema Beri who will take my place at Hilltop medical. They are a couple who are moving from England to our community. It is expected that they will be settling here at the beginning of the next year. If medical services are needed between the end of January and their start of work, my colleagues at Hilltop Medical or myself, temporarily, will be able to help you.
I want to take this opportunity to thank you for allowing me to be part of your life. It has been an honor to receive your confidence in such an important matter as your health. I hope I helped you or direct you the right way. Your trust also helped me feel useful and fulfilled. I thank you and, as always, wish you well.
Dr Antonio Benitez-Gomez, MD
October 1, 2019
Several doctors at Hilltop are now offering Telehealth (phone or virtual appointments) for their patients. Please read the attached memo for additional details or ask your Hilltop pod.
All interested patients are required to sign our Consent for Electronic Communications (Cell, Email, VSee, Accession), and read through the Appendix for Electronic Communications. (forms link in the attached).
October 25, 2018
- Same Day Injections – If you wish to receive an injection on the same day as you see your Hilltop doctor, you will be charged a $10 injection fee.
Alternately, you can book an appointment during one of our injection times on a different day (see times below).
Same day injections are not covered by MSP when seeing your family doctor for a regular visit. Hilltop Injection Times (Monday to Friday).
9:00 am to 9:25 am
10:15 am to 10:40 am
11:30 am to 11:55 am
1:30 pm to 1:55 pm
3:15 pm to 3:40 pm
4:15 pm to 4:40 pm
You are welcome to book during these times, or walk-in (first come first serve after those with an appointment)
- Charges now apply when requesting printed copies of your test results & consultations.
$5 flat fee for the first 1 to 10 pages, additional pages are $1 per page.
Payments must be made prior to picking up of your printed copies from the front desk.
Alternately, email of your results is available at no charge. Ask the front staff for more details.
- Email and Text reminders will soon be available for both Hilltop appointments and certain outside specialists (referrals). Please let the front staff know if you would like to have your appointments emailed (and / or) texted to you the night prior to your appointment.
September 24, 2018
After 44 years of active practice at Hilltop Medical Clinic, Dr. Jerry Scott wishes to notify his patients that he intends to retire on Friday October 26, 2018. Dr. P. Brar is going to take over his practice. Dr. Scott would like to thank all of his patients for their loyalty and friendship over the years.
Hilltop Medical would like to thank Dr. Scott for his years of service in the community and the clinic, he will be missed by all that have had the privilege to work with him over the years.